Monday, January 9, 2012

Sudden Me Time!

A stay-at-home parent with very young children -- babies, toddlers, preschoolers -- has incredibly little time to herself. At this moment, both my 4-month old, Estelle and 2.5 year old, Donovan are asleep at 8:40 am. This is not usual for Donovan. As for Estelle, I just don't know because I haven't established any sort of schedule for her. So now I have this unexpected window of time -- of unknown duration -- and I don't know what to do!

All the little things I never find time to do are flooding my brain: wipe the top of the fridge, go through maternity clothes to sell or give away, stretch and do a few Sun Salutations, call the insurance company (and no doubt sit on hold), call the optometrist, vacuum downstairs, clean the sink and toilet in either or both bathrooms, do something creative!

Whatever I begin however, may be suddenly interrupted by either child awakening, so I can't get into anything too deeply because I will likely have to end the activity abruptly. I don't want to be three feet into the bathroom floor, getting a good cleanser scrub on, only to have to stop suddenly and leave it unfinished, totally frustrated that I can't finish the project I started.


No comments:

Post a Comment